Hatch supports Gorsuch, Stewart questions Comey — and Herbert signs nation’s strictest DUI…
As Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch undergoes hearings for his confirmation, Sen. Orrin Hatch shows his supp…
Josh Romney for Governor?, Draper City Considers a Homeless Shelter, and Congressional Rep…
This week Jim, Dan, and Natalie talk about whether Josh Romney could be a candidate for governor; Sen. Hatch s…
The Bottom Line: Cotopaxi Founder & CEO Davis Smith
The Bottom Line – Davis Smith launched his new outdoor company Cotopaxi last year with a humanitarian mission.…
Talking 'Tactical Urbanism' with Mike Lydon from Street Plans Collaborative
Today on the program a conversation with Mike Lydon from Street Plans about urban planning and the concept of …
Jazz Time with Steve Williams Playlist for March 12, 2017
PLAYLIST 6:00PM 1. Charlie Parker & Dizzy Gillespie - Salt Peanuts Opening Theme 2. David Be…
- Distraction citied as pedestrian deaths spiked in 2016 03/30/2017WASHINGTON (AP) — Pedestrian deaths are climbing faster than motorist fatalities, reaching nearly 6,000 deaths last year — the highest total in more than two decades, according to an analysis of preliminary state data released Thursday.
- A look at latest ruling on Trump administration travel ban 03/30/2017HONOLULU (AP) — A federal judge in Hawaii who temporarily blocked President Donald Trump's revised travel ban hours before it was set to take effect issued a longer-lasting order Wednesday.
- Poll: Americans dislike GOP's, Trump's plan on health care 03/30/2017WASHINGTON (AP) — Note to President Donald Trump and House Republicans: People really don't like your approach to overhauling America's health care. If you're hoping to revive the effort, you may want to try something different.
- Britain Embarks on EU Withdrawal 03/29/2017As Britain filed for divorce from the EU, European leaders have rejected British Prime Minister Theresa May's plan for parallel talks on withdrawing and forming a new relationship. The German chancellor Angela Merkel said the EU must first work out how to extricate Britain from commitments built up during forty-four years of membership. (Photo: British […]
- Britain Triggers Brexit Process 03/29/2017Britain has formally notified the European Union of its intention to leave, initiating a period of negotiations. UK Prime Minister Theresa May said it marked a "historic moment" and a "unique opportunity". The triggering of Article 50 gives both sides two years to reach agreement unless both sides agree to extend the deadline for talks. […]
- Is Syria's Largest Dam Water-tight? 03/27/2017US-backed forces have paused their offensive against the so-called IS-stronghold of Raqqa to allow engineers to inspect the strategic Tabqa Dam. IS fighters claimed coalition air strikes had jammed the dam's gates, causing water levels to rise dangerously, potentially risking the lives of thousands of people. Also in the programme: The civilian cost of the […]
Documentary / Special Broadcasts
- KCPW Presents: “The Response – America’s Story (ep.3)” (3/24/17)
- KCPW Presents: “The Chieftains: San Patricio” (3/17/17)
- NHMU Lecture: Naomi Starkman on the rise of the good food movement
- NHMU Lecture: Caleb Harper on Reinventing Our Food Future
- Panel Explores Executive Order on Immigration and Refugees
- KCPW Presents: “Utopiah” Migrant and Refugee Stories