Local Programs (KCPW)
Operation Rio Grande’s arrest tally rises above 200 in...Continue Reading
Natalie Gochnour is joined on The Right by Sen....Continue Reading
The Hinckley Institute Radio Hour (Original Air date: May...Continue Reading
- Charlottesville exposes new threat for college campusesBOSTON (AP) — On college campuses, white supremacists and other far-right extremist groups see fertile ground to spread their messages and recruit followers. But for many colleges, last weekend's deadly attack at a rally near the University of Virginia exposed a new threat.
- Dashcam video shows white cop punching black man during stopCLEVELAND (AP) — A dashcam video of a traffic stop that led to a white police officer with a history of disciplinary issues repeatedly punching a black man and hitting his head on pavement appears to show a different sequence of events than police had originally described.
- Fear, resolve and more security at Charlottesville's templeNORFOLK, Va. (AP) — For Diane Gartner Hillman, the new reality of being Jewish in Charlottesville sunk in when she had to leave Congregation Beth Israel through the back door.
- Charlottesville mayor calls for swift removal of Lee statueRICHMOND, Va. (AP) — The mayor of Charlottesville on Friday called for an emergency meeting of state lawmakers to confirm the city's right to remove a statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee, a request that was swiftly rejected by the state's governor.
- EgyptAir hijack: Man jumps from plane cockpit windowA man was filmed jumping from a hijacked EgyptAir plane cockpit window shortly before the hijacker surrendered.
- EgyptAir hijack: Cyprus president laughs off hijackingCyprus President Nicos Anastasiades has said that the hijacking of the plane that landed at Larnaca was not linked to terrorism.
- How did FBI unlock dead gunman's iPhone?The FBI has managed to unlock the iPhone of the San Bernardino gunman without Apple's help, ending a court case, the US justice department says.
- Israel on alert for attacks by Islamic State fighters in SinaiWith so-called Islamic State militants active in Egypt's Sinai, Israeli troops are on alert for attacks just across the border.
Documentary / Special Broadcasts
- KCPW Presents: “Climate One – Does Greening the Economy Leave Some People Behind?” (5/19/17)
- KCPW Presents: “The Pulse – Mothering” (5/12/17)
- KCPW Presents: “America Abroad – After Paris: Global Approaches to Climate Change”
- KCPW Presents: “The Response – America’s Story (ep.4)” (4/28/17)
- KCPW Presents: “America Abroad – Trump’s Approach to the Middle East” (4/21/17)
- NHMU Lecture: “Andrew Zimmern, Food: A Global Perspective on the State of our Food Life”