‘Behind the Headlines’: Shurtleff’s edge, algal threat, Zika and, of course, Trump’s unconventional convention (7/22/16)
Utah Lake's algal bloom proves problematic for Salt Lake, Utah and Davis counties. Davis County Atto…
The Hinckley Institute Radio Hour: Germany's Refugee Crisis
The Hinckley Institute Radio Hour (Original air date: March 16/19, 2016) -- Last week Germany’s Cons…
The Bottom Line: Helping Women Thrive in Tech -- Sara Jones, Women Tech Council Co-Founder
The Bottom Line –(original air date May 26, 2015) Sara Dansie Jones is a technology executive, talen…
- Judge dismisses manslaughter charge against Florida deputy 07/27/2016FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — A judge on Wednesday dismissed a manslaughter charge against a Florida deputy who claimed self-defense in the 2013 fatal shooting of a 33-year-old black man carrying what turned out to be an air rifle.
- Smaller protests, no marches on convention's Day 3 07/27/2016PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Delegates took center stage at a downtown rally with Bernie Sanders supporters Wednesday, as relatively small protests and no major marches contributed to quieter streets on Day 3 of the Democratic convention.
- Chicago Police union to officers: Don't request overtime 07/27/2016CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago's police union is asking officers to not volunteer to work overtime during the Labor Day weekend to protest the "continued disrespect" toward officers and the killings of law enforcement personnel nationwide.
- France Reflects After Church Attack 07/27/2016Faith leaders call for unity and security; Germany's most hugged Syrian refugee; Ice Bucket Challenge breakthrough. (Photograph shows France's representatives of religions at Elysee palace. Credit: European Photopress Agency)
- Suspect Named in French Priest Killing 07/26/2016Police have named one of the Rouen church attackers as nineteen year old Adel Kermiche; Iran gets an Olympic uniform makeover; Social media explosion in Africa. (Photo: People attend a ceremony in Lyon in memory of the priest killed in the Normandy city of Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray. Credit: Jean-Philippe Ksiazek/Getty Images)
- Church Attack in France 07/26/2016Another deadly Islamist attack in Europe, this time on a church in Rouen, northern France; why South Koreans have grown so much; how united are the Democrats at their National Convention in Philadelphia? (Picture: French police arrive at the scene of a hostage-taking in Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray, northern France. Credit: Charly Triballeau/AFP/Getty Images)
- Political Cornflakes: Trump Gains Steam, Remembering Sen. Bob Bennett
- Editor and Publisher Terry Orme Discusses the Sale of the Salt Lake Tribune
- “Original Masterplan” for Salt Lake City Goes Up for Sale
- Wins for Sanders and Cruz after Large Turnout at Utah Caucuses
- Update from City Hall: A Conversation with Mayor Jackie Biskupski
- Volunteer During KCPW’s Spring Pledge Drive!