Gun bills, food tax and Bryce Canyon National Park (2/24/17)
A bill that would change the definition of bigamy passes through the Utah House. A Senate committee votes to r…
Outdoor Retailers to Leave Utah, a GOP Official Opposes Equal Pay for Women, and is Tax Re…
It's week five for the legislature and Jim, Dan, and Natalie discuss the Outdoor Retailers conventions decidin…
John Milliken on Homelessness, Artspace, and Reinvigorating Distressed Neighborhoods
Today on the show Jason speaks with local businessman John Milliken about his work with Artspace, the need for…
Jazz Time with Steve Williams Playlist for February 19, 2017
PLAYLIST 6:00 PM 1. Charlie Parker & Dizzy Gillespie - Salt Peanuts Opening Theme 2. Ahmad Jam…
- AP: VA data show low rate of discipline for drug loss, theft 02/27/2017WASHINGTON (AP) — Doctors, nurses or pharmacy staff at the Department of Veterans Affairs' hospitals were fired or reprimanded in only a small fraction of thousands of reported cases of opioid theft and missing prescriptions since 2010, according to government data obtained by The Associated Press.
- Sessions tough talk, policies could increase prison totals 02/27/2017WASHINGTON (AP) — The federal prison population is on the decline, but a new attorney general who talks tough on drugs and crime and already has indicated a looming need for private prison cells seems poised to usher in a reversal of that trend.
- Trump toasts nation's governors ahead of health care talks 02/27/2017WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump toasted the nation's governors Sunday night, welcoming state leaders to a black-tie ball at the White House ahead of discussions about his plans to repeal and replace the so-called Obamacare law.
- Marchers Remember Kremlin Critic Nemtsov 02/26/2017Hundreds of supporters of the murdered Russian opposition leader Boris Nemtsov have gathered to commemorate his killing two years ago. If he had become president after the death of his mentor Boris Yeltsin, what sort of president would he have been? Also in the programme: one-hundred years on since the first recording of the first […]
- Nokia Resurrects The 3310, A Pre-Smartphone Classic 02/26/2017Are we about to see a comeback in the highly competitive mobile phone world? Ahead of the phone industry's big annual meeting, Nokia has unveiled three new smartphones. But it was the reissue of an old model that got the most attention. Also on the programme: A ceremony in the Polish city of Krakow, as […]
- The Fight for West Mosul 02/25/2017IS fighters using drones to hinder Iraqi troops' advance. Also in the programme: Brazil's Carnival goes PC; Trump's past BBC interviews. (Photo: Iraqi Forces Emergency Response Unit, Western Mosul. Credit: Martyn Aim/Getty Images)
Documentary / Special Broadcasts
- NHMU Lecture Series: Caleb Harper-Reinventing Our Food Future with Urban Farms
- Panel Explores Executive Order on Immigration and Refugees
- KCPW Presents: “Utopiah” Migrant and Refugee Stories
- KCPW Presents: Has Gerrymandering Destroyed the Political Center? (12/2/16)
- America Abroad: US Foreign Policy & the Next President: Through the Eyes of the World (10/7/16)
- KCPW Presents: “Political Junkie Special – Great Moments in Presidential Debates” (9/30/16)