Homelessness in SLC, McMullin’s rise, threatening calls to GOP leader (10/21/16)
The Salt Lake City Council diverts $30 million of Redevelopment Agency funds to affordable housing in an effor…
Tim Kaine Panders Well to Utahns, Equality Utah Fights 'No Promo Homo' Laws in Schools, &a…
This week Jim, Dan, and Natalie discuss whether the Utah Dems might be better at getting the votes out than th…
Contact Sport: CEO, Brian Bethers on the Battled Rise of 1-800 Contacts
The Bottom Line (Air Date: October 18, 2016) –When two idealistic entrepreneurs - John F. Nichols and John…
Peter Barth CEO of The Iron Yard on Coding Schools Coming to Downtown
Multiple technology coding schools have recently made downtown Salt Lake their home. Today on the show, Jason …
Jazz Time with Steve Williams Playlist for October 23rd, 2016
PLAYLIST: 6:00PM 1. Charlie Parker & Dizzy Gillespie - Salt Peanuts - Opening theme 2. Gil Evans Orc…
- Weed as way of life: California farmers divided on legal bud 10/27/2016GARBERVILLE, Calif. (AP) — Laura Costa's son and husband moved quickly with the pruning shears to harvest the family's fall marijuana crop, racing along with several workers to cut the plants and drop them in plastic bins ahead of an impending storm.
- United Way loses its ranking as America's largest charity 10/27/2016NEW YORK (AP) — United Way, ranked as America's largest charity for all but one of the past 25 years, has been emphatically knocked from that spot by Fidelity Charitable, the leader of a rapidly growing philanthropic sector that is transforming the way many Americans give.
- Sale or no sale, changes could come to Twitter users 10/27/2016NEW YORK (AP) — Sale or no sale, Twitter users are bound to see changes as the beleaguered communications service tries to broaden its appeal to more people and advertisers.
- Nato Expands its Baltic States Presence 10/26/2016Nato beefs up military presence in the Baltic states to deter Russia; Anti-government protests in Venezuela amid crisis; Nintendo cuts profit outlook despite Pokémon Go popularity. (Photo: British Royal Navy Type 45 destroyer HMS Duncan, and its Wildcat helicopter as it shadows the Russian Carrier Task Group; Credit: EPA)
- On the Frontline Near Mosul 10/26/2016Day 10 of IS stronghold offensive; US elections in Colorado; How parenting affects autism. (Photo: Iraqi forces move towards Mosul. Credit: Khalid Mohammed/AP Photo)
- 2016 Deadliest Year on the Mediterranean 10/25/2016Record numbers of refugees and migrants are dying on the Mediterranean; Vatican to open Argentina's 'Dirty War' files relating to the Catholic church's role under the military dictatorship; Man Booker prize winner announced. (Photo: Migrants wait to be rescued by members of Proactiva Open Arms NGO in the Mediterranean Sea, north of the Libyan coast. […]
Documentary / Special Broadcasts
- America Abroad: US Foreign Policy & the Next President: Through the Eyes of the World (10/7/16)
- KCPW Presents: “Political Junkie Special – Great Moments in Presidential Debates” (9/30/16)
- Local Conversation Examines Improving Police-Community Relations
- NHMU Lecture: Eric Green on Human Genomics, Precision Medicine, and Advancing Human Health
- Town Hall Explores Rape Culture on Utah Campuses
- Salt Lake Tribune’s Pulitzer Party: Celebrating Works of Fiction