Homeless-shelter controversy, tax hike for education and Hatch at attorney general confirm…
Salt Lake City's plan for four new homeless resource centers meets more opposition from Sugar House residents …
Obama's Final Address, Trump's Team in the Hot Seat, & OR Threatens to Leave Utah Agai…
This week Jim, Dan, and Natalie talk about the upcoming legislative session and the Our Schools Now petition m…
The Rise and Fall, Then Rise Again of Sportsman's Warehouse
The Bottom Line (Original Air Date: July 15, 2014) – Stuart Utgaard is the former CEO of Sportsman's Warehouse…
Jazz Time with Steve Williams Playlist for January 8, 2017
PLAYLIST 6:00 PM 1. Charlie Parker & Dizzy Gillespie - Salt Peanuts opening theme 2. Dave …
- Gun industry, suicide prevention forge unlikely alliance 01/17/2017LAS VEGAS (AP) — It's a difficult topic to discuss, fraught with politics and social stigma, and an even tougher one to fix: people who kill themselves with a gun. But now two unlikely allies — the gun industry and a leading suicide prevention group — are coming together to tackle it.
- In Price's Ga. district, what happens after health repeal 01/17/2017ROSWELL, Ga. (AP) — Carla Dent is a restaurant owner who steers her employees to federal health insurance exchanges. Eden Purdy helps poor and working-class Georgians navigate the health care marketplace. Bryson Boech is a grocery cashier recently diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, what the insurance industry calls a pre-existing condition.
- Prosecutor: Orlando gunman's widow knew about the attack 01/17/2017OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — The widow of the Orlando nightclub gunman knew about the attack ahead of time, prosecutors said Tuesday as she appeared in court to face charges of aiding and abetting her husband in the months before the rampage last June that left 49 people dead.
- Britain Reveals More Brexit Details 01/17/2017Theresa May outlines more of her vision for a post-Brexit vision. The prime minister said the UK will not seek to be part of the single market. Also on the programme: Russia in the age of Trump; MH370 search ends; TS Eliot poetry prize (Picture: Britain"s Prime Minister Theresa May delivers her keynote "Brexit speech" […]
- More Democrats to Boycott Trump's Inauguration 01/16/2017A growing number of Democratic members of congress say they won't be attending Donald Trump's swearing in as the 45th president of the United States. Mark DeSaulnier, who represents California's 11th district, explains why he does will not be attending the ceremony. Also in the programme: Snap elections called in Northern Ireland; and the last […]
- Trump: Brexit a 'Great Thing' 01/16/2017Donald Trump has praised Britain as “smart” for opting out of the European Union, in an interview with the pro-Brexit Conservative MP Michael Gove, published in the Times newspaper. Also on the programme: Unrest in the Gambia ahead of the inauguration of President-elect Adama Barrow; and why is a 4,500 year old pot being returned […]
Documentary / Special Broadcasts
- KCPW Presents: Has Gerrymandering Destroyed the Political Center? (12/2/16)
- America Abroad: US Foreign Policy & the Next President: Through the Eyes of the World (10/7/16)
- KCPW Presents: “Political Junkie Special – Great Moments in Presidential Debates” (9/30/16)
- Local Conversation Examines Improving Police-Community Relations
- NHMU Lecture: Eric Green on Human Genomics, Precision Medicine, and Advancing Human Health
- Town Hall Explores Rape Culture on Utah Campuses