Gun bills, food tax and Bryce Canyon National Park (2/24/17)
A bill that would change the definition of bigamy passes through the Utah House. A Senate committee votes to r…
Outdoor Retailers to Leave Utah, a GOP Official Opposes Equal Pay for Women, and is Tax Re…
It's week five for the legislature and Jim, Dan, and Natalie discuss the Outdoor Retailers conventions decidin…
John Milliken on Homelessness, Artspace, and Reinvigorating Distressed Neighborhoods
Today on the show Jason speaks with local businessman John Milliken about his work with Artspace, the need for…
Jazz Time with Steve Williams Playlist for February 19, 2017
PLAYLIST 6:00 PM 1. Charlie Parker & Dizzy Gillespie - Salt Peanuts Opening Theme 2. Ahmad Jam…
- SpaceX says it will fly 2 people to moon next year 02/27/2017CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) — SpaceX said Monday it will fly two people to the moon next year, a feat not attempted since NASA's Apollo heyday close to half a century ago.
- Takata pleads guilty in air bag scandal, agrees to pay $1B 02/27/2017DETROIT (AP) — Japanese auto parts maker Takata Corp. pleaded guilty to fraud Monday and agreed to pay $1 billion in penalties for concealing an air bag defect blamed for at least 16 deaths, most of them in the U.S.
- Pressure on GOP to revamp health law grows, along with rifts 02/27/2017WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump declared Monday that "Nobody knew that health care could be so complicated." Yet the opposite has long been painfully obvious for top congressional Republicans, who face mounting pressure to scrap the law even as problems grow longer and knottier.
- Forces Clash in Syria During Anti-Islamic State Group Operation 02/27/2017Turkish backed rebels and the Syrian Army have turned their guns on one another near the northern town of al-Bab. The opposing forces had been fighting against the Islamic State group. Also in the programme, farce and celebration at the Oscars and recruiting Hungary's 'border hunters'. (Photo: A Syrian man looks at a damaged building […]
- Marchers Remember Kremlin Critic Nemtsov 02/26/2017Hundreds of supporters of the murdered Russian opposition leader Boris Nemtsov have gathered to commemorate his killing two years ago. If he had become president after the death of his mentor Boris Yeltsin, what sort of president would he have been? Also in the programme: one-hundred years on since the first recording of the first […]
- Nokia Resurrects The 3310, A Pre-Smartphone Classic 02/26/2017Are we about to see a comeback in the highly competitive mobile phone world? Ahead of the phone industry's big annual meeting, Nokia has unveiled three new smartphones. But it was the reissue of an old model that got the most attention. Also on the programme: A ceremony in the Polish city of Krakow, as […]
Documentary / Special Broadcasts
- NHMU Lecture Series: Caleb Harper-Reinventing Our Food Future with Urban Farms
- Panel Explores Executive Order on Immigration and Refugees
- KCPW Presents: “Utopiah” Migrant and Refugee Stories
- KCPW Presents: Has Gerrymandering Destroyed the Political Center? (12/2/16)
- America Abroad: US Foreign Policy & the Next President: Through the Eyes of the World (10/7/16)
- KCPW Presents: “Political Junkie Special – Great Moments in Presidential Debates” (9/30/16)