Behind the headlines: Environmentalists pan power company’s emissions plan (2/12/16)
Rocky Mountain Power's plan to reduce emissions meets criticism from environmentalists and the Offic…
UMOCA Executive Director Kristian Anderson on Art, Leisure and Economy
Today on the program host Jason Mathis speaks with Kristian Anderson, Executive Director of UMOCA – …
The Hinckley Institute Radio Hour: Criminal Justice Reform & Pay-for-Success for Salt Lake County
The Hinckley Institute Radio Hour (Air date: February 10/13, 2016) -- Earlier this week the Hinckley…
The Bottom Line: Determined to Disrupt the Home Real Estate Industry - Johnny Hanna of Homie
The Bottom Line – (Air date: February 9, 2016) People have tried to disrupt the residential real est…
- 'No rhyme or reason' for machete attack at Ohio restaurant 02/12/2016COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — From the front door, the man with the machete didn't have a straight path to people in the booths at the small suburban restaurant. He stepped by the welcoming greeting on the front glass, past the half-wall entryway divider and the display case of kataifi and other Mediterranean pastries.
- 2 students killed in shooting at Phoenix-area high school 02/12/2016GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) — Two students were shot and killed Friday at a high school in a Phoenix suburb but the danger at the campus was over, police said, as hundreds of worried parents crowded outside nearby stores to await word on their children.
- Patient strategy pays off for FBI in ending Oregon standoff 02/12/2016BURNS, Ore. (AP) — The last four armed occupiers of an Oregon wildlife refuge surrendered without a shot being fired, signaling a victory for the FBI's patient approach and reflecting lessons that agents have learned since past bloody standoffs.
- An Endgame for Syria? 02/12/2016Assad vows to retake all of Syria; The Pope meets the Russian Orthodox Patriach; Can smartphones predict earthquakes? Picture: Syrian President Bashar al-Assad gestures during an exclusive interview with AFP in Damascus on February 11, 2016. AFP/Getty
- "Cessation of Hostilities" in Syria 02/12/2016Agreement, with caveats, at the Syria talks in Munich; Reporting inside Ethiopia ; Rwanda plans to "relocate" Burundian refugees to other countries. (Photo: Delegates at the International Syria Support Group (ISSG) meeting in Munich, Germany. Credit: Reuters/Michael Dalder)
- Getting the World Online 02/12/2016Billions of the world's poorest people have no access to the internet. Connectivity is growing fast in many parts of the globe, but not everywhere. In large parts of Africa and South Asia, for example, the barriers to joining the information age are simply too great. So why has the Indian government just banned Facebook […]
- Trib Talk Live: Bagley on Pulitzers, political cartoons (2/12/16)
- Better Utah Update: Budgeting, SB54 Substitute, Partisan Committee Membership
- Bill Would Allow ‘Segmentation’ of Utah’s Scenic Byways
- The Daily Buzz from Sundance 2016: Day 9 (1/30/2016)
- Better Utah Legislative Update: Efforts to Restore Education Funding, Legislative Endorsements, More
- Political Cornflakes: Obama Cites Mormon Persecution in Call for Religious Tolerance