Local Programs (KCPW)
Drug court opens for Operation Rio Grande arrestees, LDS Church supports baker who refused to serve same-sex couple and the gap widens between 3rd District candidates
The kickoff of a new drug court program adds...Continue Reading
Natalie Gochnour is joined on The Right by Rep....Continue Reading
The Hinckley Institute Radio Hour (Air dates: September 13...Continue Reading
Utahns in Congress respond to DACA move, SLC mayor rebukes handling of nurse-arresting cop’s suspension, questions arise about feds’ use of driver-card info
Utah’s Congressional delegation responds to President Donald Trump’s decision...Continue Reading
- Hurricane Maria hits Puerto Rico after slamming DominicaSAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — One of the strongest hurricanes to ever hit Puerto Rico pummeled the island Wednesday as officials warned it would decimate the power company's crumbling infrastructure and force the government to rebuild dozens of communities.
- White man faces charges in shooting deaths of 2 black menBATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — A 23-year-old white man was arrested and accused of killing two black men and shooting up a black family's home in a string of attacks last week that police say may have been racially motivated.
- Immigrant hurricane victims turn to churches amid fearHOUSTON (AP) — Immigrants came from across Houston to a Baptist church gymnasium and stacked dollies with boxes of cereal, orange juice and household necessities like cleaning bleach.
- St. Louis faith leaders urge peace, justice amid turmoilST. LOUIS (AP) — Leaders of several faiths on Tuesday called for peace and justice amid the turmoil that followed the acquittal of a white former St. Louis police officer in the 2011 death of a black man.
- EgyptAir hijack: Man jumps from plane cockpit windowA man was filmed jumping from a hijacked EgyptAir plane cockpit window shortly before the hijacker surrendered.
- EgyptAir hijack: Cyprus president laughs off hijackingCyprus President Nicos Anastasiades has said that the hijacking of the plane that landed at Larnaca was not linked to terrorism.
- How did FBI unlock dead gunman's iPhone?The FBI has managed to unlock the iPhone of the San Bernardino gunman without Apple's help, ending a court case, the US justice department says.
- Israel on alert for attacks by Islamic State fighters in SinaiWith so-called Islamic State militants active in Egypt's Sinai, Israeli troops are on alert for attacks just across the border.
Documentary / Special Broadcasts
- KCPW Presents: “Climate One – Does Greening the Economy Leave Some People Behind?” (5/19/17)
- KCPW Presents: “The Pulse – Mothering” (5/12/17)
- KCPW Presents: “America Abroad – After Paris: Global Approaches to Climate Change”
- KCPW Presents: “The Response – America’s Story (ep.4)” (4/28/17)
- KCPW Presents: “America Abroad – Trump’s Approach to the Middle East” (4/21/17)