Local Programs (KCPW)
Advocates want to pause The Road Home’s closure, Hatch takes flak for a drug bill and Ben McAdams is running against Mia Love
Religion leaders send a letter to Salt Lake City...Continue Reading
Morgan Lyon Cotti from the Hinckley Institute of Politics...Continue Reading
The Hinckley Institute Radio Hour (Air dates: October 18...Continue Reading
- Budget deficit hits $666B, an $80B spike for the yearWASHINGTON (AP) — The federal budget deficit rose to $666 billion in the just-completed fiscal year, a spike that comes as Republicans are moving to draft a tax code rewrite that promises to add up to $1.5 trillion to the national debt over the coming decade.
- Off-duty officer killed in Vegas shooting to be honoredHENDERSON, Nev. (AP) — Traffic paused for a moment Friday on the Las Vegas Strip to mark the passing of the casket of an off-duty police officer who was among 58 people killed when a gunman opened fire from a high-rise hotel into a crowded outdoor concert in the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. […]
- Hawaii boat crash spurs new concerns about foreign fishermenHONOLULU (AP) — A boat that ran aground off Honolulu while transporting foreign fishermen to work in Hawaii's commercial fishing industry has raised new questions about the safety and working conditions for foreign laborers in this unique U.S. fleet.
- White nationalist undeterred by boos on latest college stopBATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — The hostile audience drowned out white nationalist Richard Spencer with anti-Nazi chants. They booed him off the stage under the watchful eye of police officers in riot gear.
- EgyptAir hijack: Man jumps from plane cockpit windowA man was filmed jumping from a hijacked EgyptAir plane cockpit window shortly before the hijacker surrendered.
- EgyptAir hijack: Cyprus president laughs off hijackingCyprus President Nicos Anastasiades has said that the hijacking of the plane that landed at Larnaca was not linked to terrorism.
- How did FBI unlock dead gunman's iPhone?The FBI has managed to unlock the iPhone of the San Bernardino gunman without Apple's help, ending a court case, the US justice department says.
- Israel on alert for attacks by Islamic State fighters in SinaiWith so-called Islamic State militants active in Egypt's Sinai, Israeli troops are on alert for attacks just across the border.
Documentary / Special Broadcasts
- KCPW Presents: “Climate One – Does Greening the Economy Leave Some People Behind?” (5/19/17)
- KCPW Presents: “The Pulse – Mothering” (5/12/17)
- KCPW Presents: “America Abroad – After Paris: Global Approaches to Climate Change”
- KCPW Presents: “The Response – America’s Story (ep.4)” (4/28/17)
- KCPW Presents: “America Abroad – Trump’s Approach to the Middle East” (4/21/17)