Local Programs (KCPW)
Interior wants to shrink Bears Ears, lawmakers consider eliminating the food tax and state school board gets an earful about optional courses
After a review of national monument sizes around the...Continue Reading
Jason Chaffetz cooks pancakes, Bears Ears faces a big cut and the LDS Church supports a baker who won’t make a cake for a same-sex wedding
Natalie Gochnour is joined on The Right by Rep....Continue Reading
The Hinckley Institute Radio Hour (Air dates: September 20...Continue Reading
Drug court opens for Operation Rio Grande arrestees, LDS Church supports baker who refused to serve same-sex couple and the gap widens between 3rd District candidates
The kickoff of a new drug court program adds...Continue Reading
- New blow to GOP health bill: Paul opposes revised measureWASHINGTON (AP) — Conservative Sen. Rand Paul remained opposed Monday to the Republican bill repealing the Obama health care law despite fresh revisions, deeply darkening White House and GOP leaders' hopes of staving off defeat in a Senate showdown this week.
- Anthony Weiner sentenced to 21 months in sexting caseNEW YORK (AP) — Former Rep. Anthony Weiner was sentenced Monday to 21 months in prison for sexting with a 15-year-old girl in a case that rocked Hillary Clinton's campaign for the White House in the closing days of the race and may have cost her the presidency.
- Church used unemployment scam to boost funds, ex-members saySPINDALE, N.C. (AP) — When Randy Fields' construction company faced potential ruin because of the cratering economy, he pleaded with his pastor at Word of Faith Fellowship church to reduce the amount of money he was required to tithe every week.
- Tennessee church shooting suspect charged with murderNASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The pastor shouted "Run, run, gunshots!" and congregants hid under pews or in bathrooms as a masked man armed with two guns opened fire at a Tennessee church, killing one person and wounding six before being subdued.
- EgyptAir hijack: Man jumps from plane cockpit windowA man was filmed jumping from a hijacked EgyptAir plane cockpit window shortly before the hijacker surrendered.
- EgyptAir hijack: Cyprus president laughs off hijackingCyprus President Nicos Anastasiades has said that the hijacking of the plane that landed at Larnaca was not linked to terrorism.
- How did FBI unlock dead gunman's iPhone?The FBI has managed to unlock the iPhone of the San Bernardino gunman without Apple's help, ending a court case, the US justice department says.
- Israel on alert for attacks by Islamic State fighters in SinaiWith so-called Islamic State militants active in Egypt's Sinai, Israeli troops are on alert for attacks just across the border.
Documentary / Special Broadcasts
- KCPW Presents: “Climate One – Does Greening the Economy Leave Some People Behind?” (5/19/17)
- KCPW Presents: “The Pulse – Mothering” (5/12/17)
- KCPW Presents: “America Abroad – After Paris: Global Approaches to Climate Change”
- KCPW Presents: “The Response – America’s Story (ep.4)” (4/28/17)
- KCPW Presents: “America Abroad – Trump’s Approach to the Middle East” (4/21/17)