Behind the Headlines: Utah prison list to expand, Salt Lake City homeless services to move? (12/19/14)
Facing public outcry, the commission charged with selecting a new prison site may add a few location…
EVE Winterfest: Reflecting on 2014 and Celebrating 2015
Today on Downtown SLC we're talking about EVE, a three-day celebration with concerts, DJs, grown-up …
The Hinckley Institute Radio Hour: Understanding Local Utah Refugees
The Hinckley Institute Radio Hour (Air date: December 17, 2014) - Utah is home to 50,000 refugees, w…
The Rundown: 2014's Record-Breaking Global Temperatures
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration reports that 2014 could very well end up being t…
- Ex-officer not charged in fatal Milwaukee shooting 12/22/2014MILWAUKEE (AP) — A white Milwaukee police officer fired after fatally shooting a mentally ill black man in April won't face criminal charges, the county's top prosecutor said Monday, while the U.S. attorney said hours later that there will be a federal investigation of the case.
- Arizona to change drugs it uses in executions 12/22/2014TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — Arizona officials said Monday they have been cleared of any wrongdoing in an execution this year that lasted nearly two hours, but they are nevertheless changing the drugs they use to put inmates to death.
- Convict in 1964 civil-rights deaths won't confess 12/22/2014PARCHMAN, Miss. (AP) — Craggy-faced and ornery, Edgar Ray Killen bears the signs of his 89 years. His hands are still scarred and rough from decades in the east Mississippi sawmills. He has a muscular build even as he maneuvers in his wheelchair. Time has not softened his views and he remains an ardent segregationist.
- Newshour: Controversy over death penalty for Pakistan teen 12/22/2014Pakistan diplomat condemns capital punishment for minors; Pope Francis lists 15 "ailments" of the Curia
- Newshour: Yazidi women sex slave ordeal 12/22/2014Yazidi women in Iraq describe sex slavery; Jose Manuel Barroso on “the hardest job in Europe”; Andrew Harding revisits Aceh and meets a survivor of the tsunami ten years on.
- Newshour: The battle for Sinjar in Iraq 12/21/2014Kurds celebrate Mount Sinjar success; Obama condemns NY police killings; Ry Cooder on Cuba deal
- Political Cornflakes: House Passes Budget, Matheson’s Final Vote, Presidential Encounter
- Differing Views on Plans for Big Water Projects in Utah
- Political Cornflakes: Symbolic House Vote Over Executive Action on Immigration
- Political Cornflakes: Mia Love Gets a Mentor. Reaction to Immigration Plan
- Political Cornflakes: Imminent Showdown Over Immigration?
- Political Cornflakes: Mia Love the Next GOP Star?