Local Programs (KCPW)
Operation Rio Grande’s arrest tally rises above 200 in...Continue Reading
Natalie Gochnour is joined on The Right by Sen....Continue Reading
The Hinckley Institute Radio Hour (Original Air date: May...Continue Reading
- Prosecutors: Prof killed boyfriend as part of sexual fantasyCHICAGO (AP) — The fatal stabbing of a hairstylist in Chicago was part of a sexual fantasy hatched in an online chatroom between a Northwestern University professor and an Oxford University employee, whose plan included killing someone and then themselves, prosecutors told a Cook County judge Sunday at a bond hearing for the men.
- Eclipse eve: Millions converge across US to see sun go darkMillions of Americans converged on a narrow corridor stretching from Oregon to South Carolina to watch the moon blot out the midday sun Monday for a wondrous couple of minutes in the first total solar eclipse to sweep coast to coast in 99 years.
- 1979 Klan-Nazi attack survivor hopes for a 'justice river'GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — The Rev. Nelson Johnson needs no reminders of the massacre of five of his labor-activist friends almost 40 years ago — he still has the faded scar on his left arm, left by a Nazi who stabbed him as white supremacists descended on a march for workers through black neighborhoods in […]
- Fallen forensics: What a 2016 report has to say about themDefense lawyers have long questioned the reliability of some forensic science methods, but over the past decade, the debate has intensified. Two highly critical reports found that with the exception of DNA, many methods have not been tested rigorously enough to be considered scientifically valid.
- EgyptAir hijack: Man jumps from plane cockpit windowA man was filmed jumping from a hijacked EgyptAir plane cockpit window shortly before the hijacker surrendered.
- EgyptAir hijack: Cyprus president laughs off hijackingCyprus President Nicos Anastasiades has said that the hijacking of the plane that landed at Larnaca was not linked to terrorism.
- How did FBI unlock dead gunman's iPhone?The FBI has managed to unlock the iPhone of the San Bernardino gunman without Apple's help, ending a court case, the US justice department says.
- Israel on alert for attacks by Islamic State fighters in SinaiWith so-called Islamic State militants active in Egypt's Sinai, Israeli troops are on alert for attacks just across the border.
Documentary / Special Broadcasts
- KCPW Presents: “Climate One – Does Greening the Economy Leave Some People Behind?” (5/19/17)
- KCPW Presents: “The Pulse – Mothering” (5/12/17)
- KCPW Presents: “America Abroad – After Paris: Global Approaches to Climate Change”
- KCPW Presents: “The Response – America’s Story (ep.4)” (4/28/17)
- KCPW Presents: “America Abroad – Trump’s Approach to the Middle East” (4/21/17)
- NHMU Lecture: “Andrew Zimmern, Food: A Global Perspective on the State of our Food Life”