Would a 1,000-room hotel on the Salt Palace site give Salt Lake City a better edge when it comes to luring convention business to town? And should local government help pay for $300 million project? The Salt Lake County Council approved funds to study the issue, but some say government doesn’t belong in the hotel commercial space. On Monday, we’ll talk about the pros and cons of investing tax dollars in a convention center hotel.
- Scott Beck, Visit Salt Lake
- Salt Lake County Councilman David Wilde
- Jordan Garn, Utah Hotel & Lodging Association
Congressman Jason Chaffetz recently honored two Utahns who claimed they received military awards when, in fact, they had not. That kind of deception is what the Stolen Valor Act criminalized. But last week, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the Stolen Valor Act on First Amendment grounds. On Monday, we’ll talk about the decision and reaction from local veterans.
- Kim Zarkin, Associate Professor, Westminster College
- James Theriault, Veteran’s of Foreign Wars Utah State Commander
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (46.3MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |