South Jordan, Utah: The Wasatch Gem Society (WGS), a 501(c)(3) non-profit, will hold their 2023 Annual Gem, Mineral, & Fossil Show, an affordable event for the whole family to explore and learn about geology and our earth from dinosaur diggers (paleontologists), miners, jewelry makers, gold prospectors and more. “It’s a family friendly day of adventures, interacting with the treasures of our earth!” says Roberta Chase, Show Chairman.
Features and benefits of the WGS 2023 Annual Gem, Mineral & Fossil Show include:
– 84 vendors from the US (and around the world)
– Speak with and learn from dinosaur diggers, gold prospectors, miners, jewelry designers and lapidaries, rock hounds, crystal healers, artists, silversmiths, flintknappers and faceters
– Demonstrations on gem faceting, flint knapping, wire wrapping and gold panning
– Look for fine minerals, fossils, gemstones and slabs for lapidary. This year we welcome vendors of Colombian emeralds, Lapis lazuli, from Afghanistan, Ethiopian opals, red beryl and gold
– Find out how to cut and polish cabochons, and crack your own geodes
– Kids have three tables of items $1 and under for shopping, including rock bags. Wheel of fortune (.50 cents) and a Show and Tell table where George Ream will tell them everything they want to know about rocks
– Great door prizes (every hour, every day)
The 2023 Gem, Mineral & Fossil Show opens at the Bastian Agricultural Center (formerly Salt Lake County Equestrian Center) at 2100 West 11400 South in South Jordan, Utah on April 14th and runs through April 16th, at $2.00 for adults and kids under 12 get in free. Save the date! For more information on the 2023 Gem, Mineral & Fossil Show please visit www.wasatchgemsociety.com, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WasatchGemSociety, Instagram: @wasatchgemsociety
About The Wasatch Gem Society: Our goal is to stimulate interest in collecting gem material, minerals and fossils, participating in arts and crafts, lapidary arts, classification of minerals and fossils; both educational and scientific. We actively protect gemstone, mineral, and fossil deposits. WGS is a member of the American Federation of Mineralogical Societies, Rocky Mountain Federation of Mineralogical Societies, and the Utah Federation of Mineralogical Societies. Our meetings are on the 3rd Monday of each month at 7:00pm at the Sandy Bicentennial Hall at 530 East 8680 South in Sandy, Utah. The public are welcome.