KCPW JOB ANNOUNCEMENT:
Contractor – Underwriting and Sponsorship Development
KCPW 88.3 FM, a public radio station serving primarily the greater Salt Lake Valley, is seeking a motivated public radio fan to help in growing program underwriting and sponsorship with local businesses and nonprofit organizations. This is a one-year, part-time (approximately 20 hours/week), non-commissioned contract position, subject to possible extension or renewal.
On-air since 1992, and broadcasting from the Denkers Studio on Library Square in Salt Lake City, KCPW Public Radio 88.3 FM is the Salt Lake Valley’s first, 24-hour, news and information outlet providing listeners with a complete spectrum of thought-provoking, local, national, and international, public radio programming. KCPW is a space on the local radio dial that encourages engagement, satisfies curiosity, and builds community.
- Identify local businesses and nonprofits for traditional public radio sponsorship
- Write proposals and develop and negotiate underwriting agreements
- Work with new and existing clients to develop and evolve on-air copy
- Coordinate contract and billing arrangements with KCPW staff
- Work collaboratively with KCPW’s underwriting team to define activity and revenue goals
- Provide progress reports
- Understand the core values of public radio
- Possess knowledge of the business environment in the Salt Lake Valley and around the state
- Be self-motivated, well-organized and confident with cold calling and other forms of community outreach to achieve revenue goals
- Understand and effectively communicate the value proposition of public radio underwriting (versus commercial radio advertising)
- Demonstrate skill in cultivating and nourishing loyal long-term client relationships
Please send a resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How do you feel about this topic?
Is there anything else you think we should know? We'd like to hear your thoughts. Send us your feedback using the form below.