(KCPW News) Law enforcement is investigating a potential bomb threat at the construction site of the National Security Administration Data Center at Camp Williams National Guard Post. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, which is in charge of the project, evacuated the site around 11:30 a.m. Monday. FBI spokeswoman Debbie Dujanovic Bertram says so far they’ve found nothing suspicious.
“I can’t go into details as to where we received the information or how the threat came to the facility because of the ongoing FBI investigation, we have federal investigation that’s going on right now, obviously with agents out there on scene,” said Dujanovic Bertram. “But I do want to emphasize that at this point, there has been nothing suspicious found and the facility was safely evacuated.”
The NSA broke ground on the $1.2 billion cyber security center in January of 2011. Dujanovic Bertram says employees are returning to work Tuesday.
How do you feel about this topic?
Is there anything else you think we should know? We'd like to hear your thoughts. Send us your feedback using the form below.