According to a 2010 study by the Pew Research Center, tattoos are something of a “generational badge” for those under age 25. Nearly 40 percent of young adults have a tattoo and the vast majority of those have more than one. As tattoo parlors become more numerous along the Wasatch Front, what is driving this trend?
- Mark Rubinfeld, sociologist, Westminster College
- C.J. Fishburne, Cathedral Tattoo
- Casey Wardell, Punctured Piercing & Tattoo
Thanks to technology and a growing audience, film shorts have become an art form in their own right. Two filmmakers with Utah ties who are screening shorts at Sundance this year join us along with a film professor to explain the evolution of shorts.
- Chris Peters, director, “The Diatom”
- Dustin Guy Defa, director, “Family Nightmare”
- Kevin Hanson, Chair of the Department of Film & Media Arts; Associate Professor, University of Utah
How do you feel about this topic?
Is there anything else you think we should know? We'd like to hear your thoughts. Send us your feedback using the form below.