Ott may retire early, Zinke wants to resize Bears Ears and Utah imam barred from flying ho…
Amid growing concerns for his health, Salt Lake County Recorder Gary Ott considers retiringfrom the position b…
Gun Control, Drama in the Utah Democratic Party and the Golden State Warriors
Natalie Gochnour is joined on The Right by Rep. Dan McCay, R-Riverton, and on The Left by Rep. Brian King, D-S…
Crushing It: A Conversation with Skullcandy Founder Rick Alden
The Bottom Line (Original Air Date: June 3, 2014) – Before Rick Alden built Skullcandy he just wanted to be a …
Re-envisioning Library Square and the civic campus
Host Jason Mathis talks with Christine Richmond from the Urban Land Institute and Lia Summers, Senior Art and …
Jazz Time with Steve Williams Playlist for May 28th, 2017
PLAYLIST 6:00PM 1. Charlie Parker & Dizzy Gillespie - Salt Peanuts Opening Theme 2. Ray Brow…
- AP sources: Senate GOP health bill would reshape Obama law 06/22/2017WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Republicans would cut Medicaid, end penalties for people not buying insurance and erase a raft of tax increases as part of their long-awaited plan to scuttle President Barack Obama's health care law, congressional aides and lobbyists say.
- Former immigration detainees challenge labor practices 06/22/2017DENVER (AP) — Every day, immigrants are told to clean their living areas in a privately run Colorado detention center or risk being put in solitary confinement. Some also volunteer to do jobs as varied as landscaping, more cleaning and cutting other inmates' hair, but the pay is always the same — $1 a day.
- 1 dead as Cindy spins severe weather along Gulf coast 06/22/2017NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Gulf Coast states were in for a third day of rough weather Thursday with Tropical Storm Cindy, blamed for one death in Alabama, expected to keep churning seas and spin off bands of severe weather from east Texas to northwestern Florida.
- Saudi King Changes Heir to Throne 06/21/2017Saudi Arabia’s King Salman has ousted his nephew, Mohammed bin Nayef, from his role as crown prince, appointing his son, Mohammed bin Salman, as first in line to the throne. The move consolidates the power of 31-year-old bin Salman, whose rapid ascent to power has shaken up the country’s royal family. Also in the programme: […]
- Who is Saudi Arabia's New Crown Prince? 06/21/2017Saudi Arabia's king has appointed his son Mohammed bin Salman as crown prince - replacing his nephew, Mohammed bin Nayef, as first in line to the throne. Also on the programme: Iraqi forces say IS has blown up al-Nuri mosque in Mosul ; and how are perfumes changing? (Picture: Prince Mohammed bin Salman (left) replaces […]
- ‘Hundreds’ Killed in DRC Ethnic Violence 06/20/2017The United Nations says hundreds of people have been killed in ethnic violence in the Democratic Republic of Congo's central Kasai province over the past three months. Also in the programme: Barclays and four former executives charged with fraud over their actions in 2008, during the financial crisis; Far-right extremism in the UK. (Photo: Volunteer […]
Documentary / Special Broadcasts
- KCPW Presents: “Climate One – Does Greening the Economy Leave Some People Behind?” (5/19/17)
- KCPW Presents: “The Pulse – Mothering” (5/12/17)
- KCPW Presents: “America Abroad – After Paris: Global Approaches to Climate Change”
- KCPW Presents: “The Response – America’s Story (ep.4)” (4/28/17)
- KCPW Presents: “America Abroad – Trump’s Approach to the Middle East” (4/21/17)
- NHMU Lecture: “Andrew Zimmern, Food: A Global Perspective on the State of our Food Life”