Behind the Headlines: Transgender bathroom use, Grand Canyon pollution, UTA meetings, tea-party-group endorsement (5/27/16)
Utah is suing the federal government over the White House's transgender restroom directive. Arizona …
Beehive Distilling and 25 Years of Farmers Markets in Salt Lake City
During the first half of today's show, host Jason Mathis is joined by Chris Barlow of Beehive Distil…
The Bottom Line: Prospering In Pest Control -- David Royce, Aptive Environmental
The Bottom Line – (Air date: May 24, 2016) While only in his mid 30s, David Royce has already built…
- Anthropologist follows trail of century-old hobo graffiti 05/30/2016LOS ANGELES (AP) — Anthropologist Susan Phillips had spent a career examining the graffiti that covers urban walls, bridges and freeway overpasses.
- 4-H program aims to grow next generation of ag scientists 05/30/2016ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — One team is developing GPS ear tags so cattle farmers can track herds from afar. Another thinks drones can protect livestock from predators. Yet another is developing a rechargeable portable warmer to prevent vaccines from freezing when dairy producers inoculate their herds in the winter.
- Vigil planned at Cincinnati Zoo in tribute to slain gorilla 05/30/2016CINCINNATI (AP) — Animal rights activists plan a Memorial Day vigil for the gorilla killed at the Cincinnati Zoo after a 4-year-old boy slipped into an exhibit and a special zoo response team concluded his life was in danger.
- Indian Police Arrest Five over Attacks on Africans 05/29/2016Indian officials have promised tough action over attacks on African nationals; Ceremonies have taken place to mark the one hundredth anniversary of the battle of Verdun; Top Gear returns . (Photo of members of the African Students Association holding placards during a protest; Credit Getty Images)
- Verdun Remembered 05/29/2016Verdun remembered by the leaders of France and Germany; the Prop Master of Mad Men; Top Gear returns Photo: French President Francois Hollande and German Chancellor Angela Merkel stand at a memorial after laying a wreath during commemorations to mark the 100th anniversary of the World War I Battle of Verdun on May 29, 2016 […]
- IS Forces Attack Rebel-Held Town 05/28/2016Heavy fighting in Syria; Rio Mayor dismisses Olympics fears; Roald Dahl's dictionary. (Photo: Syrians walk through the rubble following an alleged bombing by so-called IS in Marea. Credit: Getty)
- Political Cornflakes: Trump Gains Steam, Remembering Sen. Bob Bennett
- Editor and Publisher Terry Orme Discusses the Sale of the Salt Lake Tribune
- “Original Masterplan” for Salt Lake City Goes Up for Sale
- Wins for Sanders and Cruz after Large Turnout at Utah Caucuses
- Update from City Hall: A Conversation with Mayor Jackie Biskupski
- Volunteer During KCPW’s Spring Pledge Drive!