Local Programs (KCPW)
Hinckley Institute Radio Hour – Today we air a forum...Continue Reading
Utah lawmaker wants to ban elective abortions, and the SLC mayor and City Council battle over the inland port
This week in Utah, a state senator says he’s...Continue Reading
Both Sides of the Aisle – Natalie Gochnour is joined...Continue Reading
- Aid worker jailed in Iran goes on hunger strike, husband joins from UKNazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe was arrested and accused of espionage while visiting her parents in Iran in 2016. To protest her imprisonment, she and her husband are conducting a joint hunger strike from her prison in Iran and from outside the Iranian Embassy in the UK.
- Immigrants prepare for ICE raids despite cancellation of Trump orderDays after President Donald Trump called off raids he said would arrest "millions" of immigrants, people are still anxious and concerned — and preparing for the worst.
- This Australian airline invites you to ‘sit back and enjoy the world’s first zero-waste flight’This spring, passengers on Qantas Airways flight in Australia were greeted in an unusual way: They were on board the world's first waste-free flight.
- For this marine tech, Antarctica’s Thwaites Glacier drives home threat of climate changeJoee Patterson was one of four marine technicians on the Nathaniel B. Palmer research vessel during an expedition to Thwaites Glacier this past winter. The glacier is melting fast, and scientists fear that if it were to collapse entirely, it would trigger up to 11 feet of sea level rise.
- E-cigarettes: How safe are they?They are much less harmful than smoking, despite a ban on sales of e-cigarettes in one US city.
- Coventry man jailed for 18 years over gun 'messing' deathJordan Bassett is sentenced to 18 years after he said he accidentally shot his friend Addison Packeer.
- UK population growth rate stalls, official estimates showLatest figures also show the number of births in the UK is at its lowest level in over a decade.
- Pound's fall has stopped us buying a round of drinksSterling's woes make life tougher for some foreign workers, but for many firms, it's good news.
Documentary / Special Broadcasts
- KCPW Presents: “A Different Kind of Coming Out: A ‘Nancy’ Pride Special” (6/7/19)
- KCPW Presents: “Can We Talk? – Talking to White Kids About Race and Racism” (5/24/19)
- KCPW Presents: “Can We Talk? – Loneliness” (5/17/19)
- KCPW Presents: “Can We Talk? – Apologies” (5/10/19)
- KCPW Presents: “Can We Talk? – Asking for Help” (5/3/19)