Local Programs (KCPW)
Utah’s record high coronavirus case count, Mitt Romney’s SCOTUS decision, the police shooting of a 13-year-old boy, and a controversial Book Cliffs highway plan
A new record high number of new coronavirus cases...Continue Reading
On this episode of “In the Hive,” we have...Continue Reading
Both Sides of the Aisle – Natalie Gochnour is...Continue Reading
- Retired army commander: US institutions will 'ensure a peaceful transition of power'The president's refusal to defend a core democratic concept brought swift rebukes, with a chorus of voices saying that this does not happen in America. The Senate even unanimously passed a resolution reaffirming the Legislature's commitment to an orderly transition.
- London composers inspired by BLM confront classical music’s inequities through soundIn October, the Royal Festival Hall will feature 21 classical composers of color in its first season since the country's first lockdown this spring.
- The world is watching: 2020 US election will have a big impact on global climate politicsIn 2017, President Donald Trump announced he was pulling the US out of the Paris agreement, calling the deal "draconian." But Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden says he’ll put the country on course again if he’s elected.
- This author argues that fighting climate change means focusing on 'Earth repair'Judy Schwartz, author of "The Reindeer Chronicles," has spent years spotting the good news on global warming and the environment. She talked to The World's host Marco Werman about her new book.
- NHS Covid-19: App users unable to input negative testsUsers in England and Wales who booked a test outside of the app can only register a positive result.
- Croydon police shooting: Suspect's background probed over Sgt Matt Ratana deathTributes have been paid to Sgt Matiu Ratana, 54, who was shot dead in a custody centre in south London.
- Amy Coney Barrett 'to be picked by Trump for Supreme Court'The 48-year-old judge and former law professor from Indiana is a favourite of social conservatives.
- Coronavirus: More than a quarter of UK under stricter rulesLocal lockdown restrictions come into force in parts of south Wales and northern England this weekend.
Documentary / Special Broadcasts
- Front Lines of COVID-19: How little is known about this ‘diabolical’ new virus
- Front Lines of COVID-19: What people united by a common purpose can accomplish
- Front Lines of COVID-19: Personal tragedies behind the statistics
- Front lines of COVID-19: A new normal for patients and doctors in New York
- Front lines of COVID-19: Utah doctor narrates his New York crisis response experience