Local Programs (KCPW)
Pornography warning labels, massage parlor busts, and the latest from the 2020 Utah legislative session
Rep. Chris Stewart is reportedly in the running for...Continue Reading
Last month, Richmond California passed an ordinance to ban...Continue Reading
Both Sides of the Aisle — Natalie Gochnour is joined...Continue Reading
- What we know and don’t know about COVID-19The new coronavirus outbreak centering in China, has led to the spread of a deluge of information, both reliable and unreliable. The WHO calls it an "infodemic." What do we know and don't know about COVID-19? Join The World’s Elana Gordon for a Facebook Live streaming right here on Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2020, at 12 […]
- In Texas, youth groups hope to turn the state purple in NovemberLast weekend, young Latinos gathered in Houston, Texas, to hear from presidential candidates. Their message? To win in November and turn Texas purple, candidates need to prioritize voters of color.
- New data on China's detention of Uighurs: 'They could charge you for anything'A newly leaked database provides further evidence that China's detention of the Muslim minority group is based on religion, family ties and retrospective punishment for arbitrary infractions, like having at some point worn a veil, grown a long beard, or being an "untrustworthy person born in a certain decade." Uighur activist Jewher Ilham spoke to The […]
- For the first time, a climate journalist will moderate a presidential debateTelemundo's climate correspondent Vanessa Hauc will co-moderate the debate in Las Vegas. "The people that have the least are the ones that are going to be more affected" by climate change, she said.
- Coronavirus: Passengers allowed to leave cruise shipThe Foreign Office says it hopes to fly back the Britons who have been stranded on the ship this week.
- Brits 2020: The real winners and losersFrom most gracious losers to biggest gaffe, here are the awards you didn't see on TV.
- Children facing uncertain future, experts warnThe World Health Organization says "radical change" is needed before it is too late
- Camp Hill: Three children among dead in 'horrific' Australia car fireThree children, all under 10, have died after a car was allegedly set alight in a Brisbane suburb.
Documentary / Special Broadcasts
- KCPW Presents: “Science and Thanksgiving” (11/22/19)
- KCPW Presents: “Uprooted: The 1950s plan to erase Indian Country” (11/15/19)
- KCPW Presents: “APM Reports: Soldiers for Peace” (11/8/19)
- KCPW Presents: “Fading Minds: Why there’s still no cure for Alzheimer’s” (11/1/19)
- KCPW Presents: “Skeptic Check: War of the Worlds” (10/25/19)