Local Programs (KCPW)
Salt Lake City mayoral race is getting crowded after Mayor Jackie Biskupski announced she will not seek election
More candidates join an already-crowded field after Salt Lake...Continue Reading
Natalie Gochnour is joined on The Right by Sen....Continue Reading
The Hinckley Institute Radio Hour (Original Air Date: December 26,...Continue Reading
Jazz Time playlist for Sunday March 17th, 2019 –...Continue Reading
- How do you show a Michael Jackson exhibit after the ‘Neverland’ doc? Curate a new conversation.Since the HBO documentary "Leaving Neverland" aired, many institutions around the world have distanced themselves from Michael Jackson's work. But some museums in Europe are going ahead with an exhibit that details the cultural phenomenon that is Michael Jackson.
- Say you watched him when: Can Japan's best basketball player lead Gonzaga to a championship?Gonzaga is a favorite to go far in the NCAA basketball tournament. The team is powered by a 21-year-old budding superstar from Japan, who many are predicting to be that country’s greatest basketball player — ever.
- Legal abortions remain elusive in Argentina, especially for the most vulnerableIn Argentina, abortion is illegal — except in cases of rape, incest and danger to the life of the mother. But abortion rights activists say even those rare cases where abortion is lawful, women and girls have a hard time accessing one.
- Antarctica Dispatch 9: Thoughts on climate change and returning homeThe researchers aboard the Nathaniel B. Palmer are excited to return home after spending weeks studying Thwaites Glacier in Antarctica. While the comfort of their own beds await, there’s also the important work of writing up their research findings.
- Michael Jackson: Barbra Streisand criticised for abuse commentsBarbra Streisand says she believes the abuse claims but said it "didn't kill" the victims.
- Brexit march: Hundreds of thousands join referendum protestOrganisers of the march calling for another EU referendum put the turnout at more than a million.
- Norway cruise ship evacuated after engine problemsAbout 1,300 people are being evacuated from the cruise ship after it suffered engine trouble.
- Islamic State group defeated as final territory lost, US-backed forces sayUS-backed forces say IS is defeated in its last stronghold, but the group remains a major threat.
Documentary / Special Broadcasts
- KCPW Presents: “Sarah Parcak: Indiana Jones in Space” (3/22/19)
- KCPW Presents: “2019 NHMU Lecture Series: Duncan Metcalfe – Farming Among the Fremont”(3/15/19)
- KCPW Presents: “2019 NHMU Lecture Series: Svante Pääbo – Archaic Genomics” (3/8/19)
- KCPW Presents: The Hidden World of Girls with Host Tina Fey (3/1/19)
- KCPW Presents: “The Freed People” (2/22/19)