Local Programs (KCPW)
Governor Herbert nixes a Health Department plan to distribute...Continue Reading
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement is seeking bids to...Continue Reading
Both Sides of the Aisle – Natalie Gochnour is...Continue Reading
- Former Amb. Burns on how the State Dept. carries on amid 'failure of leadership'The former diplomat, who was the US ambassador to Greece during the Clinton impeachment trial, spoke to The World about how the State Department is functioning amid Trump's impeachment.
- Turley: Impeachment trial witnesses could be ‘live torpedoes in the water’Jonathan Turley, law professor at George Washington University, testified in front of the House about the constitutionality of the Trump impeachment and urged Democrats to take more time. As the Senate trial gets underway, he says witnesses could be game changers.
- Census 2020 ads don't do enough to dispel immigrant fears, advocates sayCensus Bureau ads promise viewers their personal information is protected and won't be shared with law enforcement. But after a high-profile legal battle over the citizenship question that stoked fears among immigrant communities, advocates say it's too little, too late.
- Meet the consultant who can help your business go zero wasteCatherine Conway's business, Unpackaged, provides guidance for running a zero waste business.
- Troops called as record snowfall blankets Canadian provinceThe Canadian province was hit with more than 70cm of snow in a record-breaking blizzard.
- Brexit: Lords send amended bill back to MPsPeers make five amendments to the legislation, but the government plans to overturn them in the Commons.
- Trump impeachment trial starts with rule wrangling in SenateThe expected feisty debate on witnesses and evidence marks the beginning of Senate proceedings.
- New China virus: US announces first caseNearly 300 people have been infected in the coronavirus outbreak, which originated in Wuhan, China.
Documentary / Special Broadcasts
- KCPW Presents: “Science and Thanksgiving” (11/22/19)
- KCPW Presents: “Uprooted: The 1950s plan to erase Indian Country” (11/15/19)
- KCPW Presents: “APM Reports: Soldiers for Peace” (11/8/19)
- KCPW Presents: “Fading Minds: Why there’s still no cure for Alzheimer’s” (11/1/19)
- KCPW Presents: “Skeptic Check: War of the Worlds” (10/25/19)