Local Programs (KCPW)
Hate crimes bill stalls, Utah lawmakers avoid climate change declarations, Mike Noel’s land is scrutinized
The latest attempt to increase penalties for hate crimes...Continue Reading
Natalie Gochnour is joined on The Right by Rep....Continue Reading
Today on the show, a Utah legislator proposes a...Continue Reading
The Hinckley Institute Radio Hour (Re-Air dates: February 14...Continue Reading
- California Senate to weigh discipline for accused colleagueSACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The California Senate is weighing whether to punish a colleague after an independent investigation confirmed he likely engaged in a pattern of unwelcome flirting and sexually suggestive behavior with six women, including four subordinates.
- Florida shooting survivors in capital, demand action on gunsTALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Students who survived the Florida school shooting prepared to flood the Capitol Wednesday pushing to ban the assault-style rifle used to kill 17 people, vowing to make changes in the November election if they can't persuade lawmakers to change laws before their legislative session ends.
- 15-year-old shot 5 times protecting classmates from gunfirePARKLAND, Fla. (AP) — A 15-year-old student who was shot five times during last week's massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School is credited with saving the lives of at least 20 other students.
- After teenager's arrest, liberal Vermont ponders gun safetyMONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — Last week's deadly Florida high school shooting and a Vermont teenager's arrest in what officials consider a near-miss on a high school shooting are giving a boost to gun control efforts in the state Legislature following years of the otherwise liberal state's steadfast refusal to regulate gun ownership.
- Gender pay gap: Men still earn more than women at most firmsNew figures show almost three in four small UK companies pay men more than their female workers.
- Lloyds hails 'landmark' after return to private sectorLLoyds Banking Group has reported strong full year profits in its first year as a private enterprise.
- Winter Olympics: World record falls twice in ladies' figure skating short programmeOAR's Alina Zagitova tops team-mate Evgenia Medvedeva's world-record score to lead the ladies' figures skating after the short programme in Pyeongchang
- Two men stabbed to death in Camden within two hoursPolice are "urgently" trying to identify whether the two murders in Camden are linked.
Documentary / Special Broadcasts
- KCPW Presents: “Truth, Politics and Power – Gun Rights and Gun Control” (2/23/18)
- KCPW Presents: “Climate One – Climate On Your Plate” (2/16/18)
- KCPW Presents: “Humankind – The Freed People” (2/9/18)
- KCPW Presents: “BBC Special – The End Zone” (2/2/18)
- KCPW Presents: “Climate One – Does Greening the Economy Leave Some People Behind?” (5/19/17)