Evan McMullin, Utah Legislature and John Swallow (2/17/17)
Former presidential candidate and Utah native Evan McMullin calls for an investigation into President Donald T…
Turmoil for the White House, an Outdoor Retailer Showdown, and Did Paid Outsiders Scream a…
The session is half way over, and this week Natalie, Jim, and Dan talk about the Outdoor Retailer showdown wit…
Spotlight on Alcohol Laws and Restaurants at the Legislature
Jason speaks today with Michele Corigliano, Executive Director of the Salt Lake Area Restaurant Association ab…
Jazz Time with Steve Williams Playlist for February 6, 2017
PLAYLIST 6:00PM 1. Charlie Parker & Dizzy Gillespie - Salt Peanuts Opening Theme 2. Donald Byrd with…
- Southern California rain eases; north facing renewed storm 02/19/2017LOS ANGELES (AP) — A huge Pacific storm that parked itself over Southern California and unloaded, ravaging roads, opening sinkholes and leading to the deaths of at least three people, eased off Saturday. But it was only a temporary reprieve as new storms took aim farther north.
- Blind cleric behind 1990s terror plots dies in US prison 02/18/2017Omar Abdel-Rahman, the so-called Blind Sheik convicted of plotting terror attacks in New York City in the decade before 9/11 and spiritual guide to a generation of Islamic militants, has died in a federal prison. He was 78.
- James Brown's 'Funky Drummer' Clyde Stubblefield dies at 73 02/18/2017MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Clyde Stubblefield, a drummer for James Brown who created one of the most widely sampled drum breaks ever, died Saturday. He was 73.
- Pence Reaffirms Transatlantic Alliance 02/18/2017US Vice President Pence: America and Europe are "bound together by the same noble ideals". Also in the programme, a fourth arrest in Kim Jong-nam murder investigation and Genghis Khan reappraised in new Dutch exhibition. (Photo:US Vice President Mike Pence delivers a speech at the Munich Security Conference in Germany. Credit: Christof Stachechristof Stache/AFP/Getty Images)
- Roe v Wade: Woman in US Abortion Legal Test Case Dies 02/18/2017Norma McCorvey, an American woman who was at the centre of a 1973 Supreme Court decision establishing the right to an abortion has died at the age of 69. Also on the programme: President Trump to address his supporters in a rally in Florida; and China bans imports of North Korean coal. (Picture: Norma McCorvey. […]
- Pakistan Mourns Sufi Shrine Attack Victims 02/17/2017Pakistan has launched a nationwide security operation after a suicide bomber killed at least eighty people at a Sufi Muslim shrine on Thursday. The so-called Islamic State group says it carried out the attack at the Lal Shahbaz Qalandar shrine in Sindh province. We ask an expert how big a threat is the Islamic State […]
Documentary / Special Broadcasts
- Panel Explores Executive Order on Immigration and Refugees
- KCPW Presents: “Utopiah” Migrant and Refugee Stories
- KCPW Presents: Has Gerrymandering Destroyed the Political Center? (12/2/16)
- America Abroad: US Foreign Policy & the Next President: Through the Eyes of the World (10/7/16)
- KCPW Presents: “Political Junkie Special – Great Moments in Presidential Debates” (9/30/16)
- Local Conversation Examines Improving Police-Community Relations