Local Programs (KCPW)
Hinckley Institute Radio Hour – This week on the program, we air...Continue Reading
9 women and children with Utah ties are killed in Mexico and Erin Mendenhall is elected mayor of Salt Lake City
Families are grieving after an attack from a Mexican...Continue Reading
Both Sides of the Aisle – Natalie Gochnour is joined on...Continue Reading
The Salt Lake Tribune’s application to become the first...Continue Reading
- In Borneo, healthy people equals healthy forestsWhen Kinari Webb first visited Borneo’s Gunung Palung National Park in the 1990s as a student, the rainforest was being deforested at a frightening rate. Webb went on to found the nonprofit, Health in Harmony, which aims to keep the forest healthy by keeping people healthy.
- With Congress passing the buck, DACA lands before Supreme CourtThe US Supreme Court on Tuesday heard oral arguments that will determine the fate of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program. The World explores which way the justices could rule — and what the outcomes could mean for DACA recipients.
- These sisters both had DACA. One took matters into her own hands.As the Supreme Court hears arguments around the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, some DACA recipients are not waiting to see how the justices will rule. One woman moved to Canada in search of stability.
- After Trump order, states scramble to say they will receive refugeesUnder the terms of an executive order, refugees may not be able to keep arriving without affirmative consent from cities and states.
- Bernardo Silva: Manchester City forward banned and fined for Benjamin Mendy tweetManchester City forward Bernardo Silva is suspended for one first-team match and fined £50,000 for his tweet relating to team-mate Benjamin Mendy.
- England flooding: Fishlake residents 'could be homeless for weeks'Boris Johnson is heckled on a visit to South Yorkshire as 200 Army personnel join the relief effort.
- 'Berlin rocks' says Elon Musk as he chooses European factoryElon Musk tells AutoExpress Brexit made the UK "too risky" for his first major European factory.
- 'I lost myself in outlaw character' - Fury says racism fuelled outburstsTyson Fury says racism directed at the travelling community fuelled some of his controversial outbursts and played a part in the mental health issues that he continues to battle.
Documentary / Special Broadcasts
- KCPW Presents: “Uprooted: The 1950s plan to erase Indian Country” (11/15/19)
- KCPW Presents: “APM Reports: Soldiers for Peace” (11/8/19)
- KCPW Presents: “Fading Minds: Why there’s still no cure for Alzheimer’s” (11/1/19)
- KCPW Presents: “Skeptic Check: War of the Worlds” (10/25/19)
- KCPW Presents: “BBC Documentary – Ground Shift: The Farming Revolution” (9/6/19)