Local Programs (KCPW)
PLAYLIST 6:00 PM 1. Charlie Parker & Dizzy Gillespie...Continue Reading
This week in Utah, inland port protesters clash with...Continue Reading
Over the last year, Utah has been conducting an...Continue Reading
Both Sides of the Aisle – Natalie Gochnour is joined on...Continue Reading
- 'No place for complacency' as Ebola detected in eastern DR CongoOver the last year, an Ebola epidemic has gripped Democratic Republic of Congo. The virus has reached the eastern city of Goma, home to over 1 million people. David Gressly, UN's Ebola response coordinator, talks about what this means for the fight against the virus.
- Khrushchev’s son recalls Sputnik, Gagarin ascent in US-Soviet space raceIn October 1957, a beach-ball sized metal globe hurtled through space a couple hundred miles above the United States. That orb was the first artificial Earth satellite — Sputnik. Sergei Khrushchev, former missile engineer and son of Soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev, remembers the US-Soviet race into space.
- The memes of the Hong Kong protestsThe protests that have drawn millions into the streets have also spawned memes that show anger, sadness and solidarity among demonstrators.
- Bolsonaro reignites decades-old fight over land between Indigenous people and farmersBrazilian President Jair Bolsonaro’s support for commercial farming in the Amazon is reviving old tensions.
- How Hamilton & fellow drivers are exerting pressure on F1 bosses over 2021 changesWith radical rule changes for 2021 still being debated, Andrew Benson explains how the drivers are exerting pressure on Formula 1's bosses.
- The Papers: General election murmurs and TV licence pleasBoris Johnson's reported plans for an early election and a possible no-deal Brexit lead the papers.
- US House condemns Trump's attacks on four congresswomenA symbolic vote denounces Mr Trump's comments about four congresswomen, widely seen as racist.
- Older victims of crime not cared for well enough, says reportTwo watchdogs have "grave" concerns about how police and prosecutors treat victims of crime aged over 60.
Documentary / Special Broadcasts
- KCPW Presents: “Nailing the Moon Landing” (7/19/19)
- Greater Avenues Community Council Mayoral Candidates Forum
- Salt Lake City mayoral candidates hold primary debate
- KCPW Presents: “A Different Kind of Coming Out: A ‘Nancy’ Pride Special” (6/7/19)
- KCPW Presents: “Can We Talk? – Talking to White Kids About Race and Racism” (5/24/19)