Local Programs (KCPW)
Former LDS bishop excommunicated, Salt Lake City mayor says inland port lawsuits coming, one of Elizabeth Smart’s kidnappers released from prison
Salt Lake City Mayor Jackie Biskupski says lawsuits are coming...Continue Reading
The Hinckley Institute Radio Hour (Original Air date: May 2, 2018)...Continue Reading
The Bottom Line – Chris Gibson, Co-Founder and CEO of Recursion...Continue Reading
The Federal Election Commission raises questions about more than...Continue Reading
- 'Beaver Believers' say dam-building creatures can make the American West lush againFor hundreds of years, beavers "kept North America hydrated," says environmental author Ben Goldfarb. Now, some farmers, ranchers and land managers are advocating that we let them do their job again.
- Documentaries capture the impact of Hurricane Maria on Puerto Ricans' healthAndrea Patiño Contreras went to Puerto Rico to catalogue the impact Hurricane Maria is having on people's mental and physical health. The people she met are living with heartbreaking situations.
- Russia-Turkey agreement provides inkling of hope to Syrians in IdlibThe Russian-Turkish agreement to designate a demilitarized zone may have averted an imminent attack on Idlib but many of the Syrians who live there, like Mohammad Hmeidan and his family, are still waiting for a more permanent solution to their displacement.
- This Kyrgyz singer is getting death threats after releasing a music video and a song about women's rightsZere Asylbek's feminist song asks for respect for women — but she's now facing threats and criticism over the clothing she wore in the music video for her song.
- The Papers: 'Snap election plot' and Labour on new EU voteLabour's leader and deputy leader have given interviews about Brexit and a possible further referendum.
- British 'pharmacist who joined IS' is detained in SyriaThe man, who says he is from Birmingham, has been captured in Syria on suspicion of being an IS member.
- Walthamstow shooting: Teenager's death sparks murder probeThe 19-year-old man died in hospital after the shooting in Walthamstow.
- Brexit: Labour 'would back members' on new vote, says leadershipThe leader and deputy leader say they will respect members' wishes, even if they want a new referendum.
Documentary / Special Broadcasts
- KCPW Presents: “Re:sound — The Determination Show” (9/21/18)
- KCPW Presents: “Changing Landscapes” (9/14/18)
- KCPW Presents: “The Making of Male Dominance” (9/7/18)
- KCPW Presents: “The Working Tapes of Studs Terkel” (8/31/18)
- KCPW Presents: “DEBATE: Has Globalization Undermined the American Working Class?” (8/24/18)