Local Programs (KCPW)
The Salt Lake County district attorney announced that two...Continue Reading
Today on “In the Hive,” the plan for Utah’s...Continue Reading
Both Sides of the Aisle – Natalie Gochnour is joined...Continue Reading
- 25 years after Srebrenica massacre, int'l crimes are still difficult to prosecuteIn 1990, Bosnian Serb forces killed about 8,000 Muslim men and boys during the Balkan conflict in what’s now known as the Srebrenica massacre. It was the worst atrocity on European soil since World War II. But 25 years on, war crimes and crimes against humanity are rarely prosecuted. David Scheffer, who was the US […]
- Indigenous mothers in Brazil mourning their children's deaths seek closureFor more than a month, four mothers of the Sanöma tribe were looking for the bodies of their children in the Roraima state capital. Officials eventually said they'd been buried under suspicion of having COVID-19, according to protocol — but the mothers said they weren't notified.
- Seoul mayor’s progressive legacy called into question after his deathSouth Koreans are mourning the death of Park Won-soon, a prominent liberal politician and presidential hopeful. But the Seoul mayor’s apparent suicide coincides with reports that he was under investigation for sexual harassment.
- This young Afro Latino teacher and voter wants to be a model for his studentsBrayan Guevara's mother and grandparents were teachers. Now, he's on the same path, and he wants to serve as a model for his students — especially those who are Black, Latino and Afro Latino — so that they, too, see a future for themselves in education.
- Srebrenica: Boris Johnson pays tribute to victims of massacreThe PM says "we owe it to the victims" to remember the massacre and "to ensure it never happens again".
- Lara Van Ruijven: World speed skating champion dies aged 27World champion speed skater Lara van Ruijven, who had been diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder, dies aged 27.
- One-year-old boy falls from windowThe child is being treated for a serious head injury and officers are investigating.
- Osprey names: Dame Vera, Capt Tom and Doddie Weir in runningThe late wartime singer, the NHS fundraiser and the rugby legend could be the names of chicks.
Documentary / Special Broadcasts
- Front Lines of COVID-19: How little is known about this ‘diabolical’ new virus
- Front Lines of COVID-19: What people united by a common purpose can accomplish
- Front Lines of COVID-19: Personal tragedies behind the statistics
- Front lines of COVID-19: A new normal for patients and doctors in New York
- Front lines of COVID-19: Utah doctor narrates his New York crisis response experience