Local Programs (KCPW)
Hinckley Institute Radio Hour – Today we air a forum...Continue Reading
Utah lawmaker wants to ban elective abortions, and the SLC mayor and City Council battle over the inland port
This week in Utah, a state senator says he’s...Continue Reading
Both Sides of the Aisle – Natalie Gochnour is joined...Continue Reading
- New report finds subsidies for coal are rising, not falling, in G20 countriesAs leaders head to the G20, a new report finds that few are making progress on ending pledges to reduce reliance on coal.
- ‘Maternity jail’: Women in Argentina and the US find ways around restrictive abortion lawsArgentina has strict laws against abortion. But a movement to decriminalize abortion has gained traction in the predominantly Catholic country in recent years.
- Oklahoma's Fort Sill has a history of jailing minority groups. Migrant children could be next.Minority groups united at a weekend protest at Fort Sill, Oklahoma, where the US government plans to hold 1,400 migrant children. For the protesters, Fort Sill is a reminder of Native Americans and Japanese Americans who were held there in the past.
- Aid worker jailed in Iran goes on hunger strike, husband joins from UKNazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe was arrested and accused of espionage while visiting her parents in Iran in 2016. To protest her imprisonment, she and her husband are conducting a joint hunger strike from her prison in Iran and from outside the Iranian Embassy in the UK.
- Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt unveil new pledges in leadership raceBoris Johnson wants a points system for immigrants and Jeremy Hunt would scrap some tuition fee debts.
- Give children 'less sugar and more veg in baby food'There should be mandatory limits on sugar and parents should offer more bitter vegetables when weaning, a report says.
- US Democrats to clash in high stakes TV debateTen candidates are about to square off in America's biggest political debate in years.
- 'Every suggestion' HPV vaccine will cut cervical cancersThere is "every suggestion" HPV vaccination will lead to a fall in cervical cancers, say scientists .
Documentary / Special Broadcasts
- KCPW Presents: “A Different Kind of Coming Out: A ‘Nancy’ Pride Special” (6/7/19)
- KCPW Presents: “Can We Talk? – Talking to White Kids About Race and Racism” (5/24/19)
- KCPW Presents: “Can We Talk? – Loneliness” (5/17/19)
- KCPW Presents: “Can We Talk? – Apologies” (5/10/19)
- KCPW Presents: “Can We Talk? – Asking for Help” (5/3/19)